- Purchase tickets at the gate when you arrive at Cal Expo. (CASH only)
How do I become a sponsor?
Call our office at (800) 352-2411 and ask for Traci Nelson, extension 16. Traci will be happy to mail you a sponsor packet and answer all your questions.
How can I be an exhibitor?
Call our office at (800) 352-2411 to be directed to sales.
- Mane Market Mall, four buildings incorporating over 140, 000 square feet, all set up with 424 10' x 10' booth spaces. Includes pipe & drape, and signage. Special prices for associations and breeds.
- Rigs & Digs Road, over 10 acres to display horse trailers.
- Outside Bulk Space, an area set aside to display barns, outbuildings, corrals, heavy equipment, implements, tractors and ATV's.
Where is the Western States Horse Expo?
The Western States Horse Expo is located at Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815. The office of Horse Expo, Inc. is located at 3976 Durock Road, #102B, Shingle Springs, CA 95682.
How do I get to the Western States Horse Expo?
There are several ways to get to the Expo.
- Plane: fly into Sacramento, CA. We are located about 15 minutes from the airport. Several of the local hotels have shuttles from the airport to their hotels. Rental cars are also available. Alternate airports are Oakland, San Jose or San Francisco.
- Train: the train station is located in downtown Sacramento, about 10 minutes from Cal Expo.
What about accommodations?
There are several hotels and motels in the greater Sacramento area. Our host hotel is the Hilton Sacramento Arden West, located at 2200 Harvard Ave, Sacramento, CA 95815. Call (800) 334-4321 for reservations. Be sure to mention you are with the Western States Horse Expo to get our special rate. Click here to see a listing of several other options. Cal Expo also has a RV Park available – call (877) CAL-EXPO for reservations.
Are there other activities?
If your partner, children, or even yourself want to do something "non-horsey" there are plenty of options.
How is the Mn Horse expo?
I wanted to go the big azz world horse expo and didn't make it (yet). I did manage to go to the Peruvian Paso Nationals in Tx, years ago. It was a blast!!!! I still have a T shirt from it. I refuse to throw it out. lol.
A few hundred years ago I went to the Kansas City Royal. :D
No I didn't go to ride, I was totally a spectator. It was a good thing, I'd have fell off a lot due to all my rubber necking.
I know of one place you might be
Able to volunteer.
Have you ever attended the MN Horse Expo? It is held every year (3rd weekend in April) at the MN State Fairgrounds.
One year, I volunteered to walk horses for the children's pony rides. It just consisted of walking around and around, leading a horse with kids on them.
This would at least give you an opportunity to meet some other horse-centric people. Express your interest in volunteering, and get to know some people in the horse world.
I can find you a link if you are interested?