“The Journey to Success Starts Here”
Address: 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas
The Journey to Success Starts Here
Getting hired at a job fair is not the same as applying for a job online or through the newspaper.
The City of Austin Career Expo 2014 provides an excellent opportunity for job seekers to meet and talk to employers in the Austin Area who are currently hiring. Here are some helpful tips to give you the best career expo experience:
- Resumes – Be sure to have enough copies of your resume to give to every booth, even if you decide not to visit certain booths when you get there. Too many is better than not enough.
- Dress for success – First impressions matter and you will be among hundreds, if not thousands, of people competing for the same roles. Don’t be overlooked because you didn’t dress up.
- Be vibrant – Think of the person who is manning the booth. They have heard the same pitches, the same pleas, the same stories all day long. If you are visiting any booths late in the day, this is particularly important. Be the person who makes their day and they will remember you much longer.
- Know the answers – Be sure you are ready to answer the standard interview questions as you never know what they might ask and when they are evaluating you as a candidate:
- “Why should I hire you?”
- “What salary range are you expecting?”
- “When can you come in for an interview?”
- “When can you start work?”
- Networking – This event is all about making connections with companies and even the people in line with you. Each connection is an opportunity. If a company isn’t hiring for a position that fits your skills, don’t hesitate to ask for other contact information for different roles. Be curious!
- Open mindedness – Just because you’ve never done something, doesn't mean you can't do it or wouldn't like doing it. Think outside the box... the possibilities are endless!
- Promote yourself – Be confident in all the great qualities that you can bring to a company. Discuss your skills and experience in a confident manner.
- Positive attitude – Don’t assume there is nothing here for you and walk around the room without talking to recruiters. You’ve prepared a great resume, dressed for success, and made it to the event. Keep the positive momentum going with conversations.
Frequently Asked Questions for Job Seekers
Q: Is there a cost to attend?
A: The Career Fair is supported by the City of Austin, community partners, and VIP Employers at no charge to job seekers.
Q: Where can I find a list of employers who will be present at the Career Expo?
A: The list of employers who have registered to participate can be found on the first page of the Career Expo website (link to ). This list will be updated weekly.
Q. Where is the entrance to the building?
There are many options
Check out Moen, Kohler, Price Pfister, Grohe...the list is long. There are many manufacturers who make long neck tub spout/valve ensembles. Some of them have hand held units that can be integrated as well.
Mine is a Grohe. It was expensive as hell but worth it.
I have installed many other brands. If you're anywhere near a Home Depot Expo store they have all kinds of stuff on display.