Malibu International Marathon: Event Promotes Health,Fitness and Community in Malibu
Before you sit down for Thanksgiving dinner in a couple of weeks,burn off some calories at the Malibu International Marathon,which takes place this Sunday,November 13,2011.
Hosted by the Malibu International Marathon Association,this event is meant to promote health,fitness and a love for running. If 26.2 miles is a little demanding,you can also participate in the half-marathon. Or,if you’re a running newbie or more of a spectator,check out the Health & Fitness Expo,which immediately precedes the marathon day.
Interested? Here are some more details:
- Start Time: 7:00 am
- Starting Line: Freedom Park. Willis Avenue and Convair Street Camarillo,CA 93010
- Parking: Park at the Zuma Beach,where the finish line is,where buses will be located at the north end near Trancas Canyon Road,to transport runners to the starting line. Buses run from 4:45 to 5:30 am.
- Finish Time: 1:30 pm
- Finish Line: Zuma Beach. 30500 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu,CA 90265
- Registration: $145
- Start Time: 7:30 am
- Starting Line: Thornhill Broome Beach Campground. 9000 W. Pacific Coast Highway (or 1.5 miles north of Sycamore Dr.)
- Parking: Park at the Zuma Beach,where the finish line is,where buses will be located at the north end near Trancas Canyon Road,to transport runners to the starting line. Buses run from 5:30 to 6:30 am.
- Registration: $90
Before the day of the event,racers must pick up their race number,timing chip,T-shirt and goodie bag at the Malibu International Health & Fitness Expo,which takes place November 11,11:00 am to 5:00 pm and November 12,10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Participants and interested individuals will have the opportunity to try healthy snacks,get fitness and running tips from experts and check out the newest gear.
"After combing through three years of records, ANH-USA failed to find even one case of an unlicensed nutrition practitioner causing harm to a patient, and not one consumer complaint had ever been filed. In fact, the only complaints were those filed by RD board members themselves."
"Continuing Education Brought to You by... Kellogg, Coca-Cola and ConAgra!
The dietary advice provided by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and their minions is quite poor because it's based on information from the processed food industry. You may not be aware that the AND is partnered with and sponsored by junk-food giants, including Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Mars, and Kellogg